Sunday, November 16, 2008

Two for the price of one!

Okay, I have the Apple Crisps, and some Yellow Cupcakes I made just for fun. I know I promised them a week ago... but there they are finally!!



  • The stuff that makes it all... I used the green apples for that little bit of tart.. mmm




  • The love of my life Kitchen Aid mixer... Doing all the work for me... I remember what it was like before I had her... Horrible memories and arm cramps!!



  • The cupcakes after cooking the crunchy topping. I used a packet of Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal in the recipe. I think it made it a little sweeter, and the dried apples on top added to the flavor of the cupcake.




  • Here they are! The finished product!! I just made a simple frosting of Powdered Sugar and Milk to make the drizzle. Yummy, moist, and PERFECT.


And here are the simple yellow cake cupcakes... I made strawberry buttercream to go with it... Tried a little strawberry syrup on a couple and green and pink sprinkles on others.


The Recipes:


Dutch Apple CupCakes

2 cups all purpose flour

1 stick butter, softened

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

3 Apples, Peeled and chopped


Crumb mixture:

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

3 Tbs. flour

2 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 cup butter, melted

1 Cup Rolled Oats

Preheat Oven - 350 Degrees
Cream together butter and sugar.

Add flour, baking powder and salt followed by eggs, vanilla and apples. Mix well.

To make crumb mixture, combine brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon and butter and mix well. Spoon cake batter into cupcake liners. Sprinkle on the crumb mixture. Bake 40-45 minutes.

The Yellow Cake Cupcakes:

Martha Stewart's Yellow Cake Recipe

1 comment:

Snooky doodle said...

yummy :) great cupcakes .